Indian railway is one of the largest railway systems in all the world and the record stored in the database of Indian railways is probably the most lengthy and detailed due to the huge population in the country. That is why the railway of Indian has come up with the PNR number, the full form of which is Passenger Name Record and as the name suggests it contains all the information of the passengers. The PNR no. is a 10 digit code which is located on the top left corner of your ticket and contains all the information of the passenger, the train in which the passenger is traveling and the details of the ticket such as mode of payment and total fare, etc.
You can easily perform the pnr status check for railway tickets by visiting the official Indian Railways website. Just visit the link given below this paragraph and enter your pnr no. and click on submit, after while a next page will be loaded where you will get the current status of your ticket booking and whether your ticket is confirmed or not. There are 3 modes of ticket status which are waiting list (WL), reservation against cancellation (RAC) and ticket confirmation. Check out the link for the Indian Railways ticket status check below:
How to Check PNR Status
PNR no. stores all the details related to the particular journey of the passenger, it contains the details of the passenger such as Name, age, and gender. It also contains the information on the train and the information consists of Train no., coach and seat no. also the details of the ticket are mentioned here too which consists of information like mode of payment, identity, and fare of the train journey. If you have never checked your ticket status online, then this article will help you in doing so and also there are a lot of other websites that will provide you the easy platform for pnr status check online.
Let us check out the steps by which we can easily check on the status of our ticket, the steps given below are to minimize any confusion that you might face while checking your ticket status:
- The very first step is to visit the official website of IRCTC, click here to visit the direct link of the website.
- After this, you will notice another window which will ask you to enter your pnr no. given on the top left corner of the ticket.
- Enter the pnr no. and click on the submit button.
- On the next screen, you will witness the status of your ticket and can then plan your journey accordingly.
Other Ways to Check Your PNR Status
Above mentioned was one way to check your ticket status, but many other ways are there, using which you can easily get the information about your ticket confirmation status. A lot of third-party websites just like ours provide you the direct link to check your pnr status and not only this you can also use your mobile with or without an internet connection to confirm your seat booking etc. Let us look at some of the easy ways to check the status of your pnr ticket in the below-given steps:
- You can check your reservation status by using the SMS service, just type PNR and sent it to 139. You will get your pnr status with seat position in as SMS text on your phone.
- You can also directly call 139 and connect with the customer service and get the information directly through call, also you can confirm your other doubts on the same number.
- You can directly visit the nearby railway station and check your ticket status on the counter.
- You can check out the final reservation charts and check for your confirmation on that list.
- Visit the other third party websites and enter your pnr no. to get the details online on your mobile phones or computer.
PNR Issuing Zones
The booking ticket is usually among the next given statuses i.e. CNF, RAC, WL, PQWL, TQWL, GNWL, RLWL, the abbreviations of these terms are given below:
- CNF – Confirmed
- Confirmed + RAC
- RAC + WL
- RAC – Reservation Against Cancellation
- WL – Waiting List
- GNWL – General Waiting List
- RLWL – Remote Location Waiting List
- PQWL – Pooled Quota Waiting List
- TQWL – Tatkal Waiting List
There are various pnr issuing zones of the Indian Railways from where people all around the world can get their pnr no. issued and can get their queries related to their pnr number solved. The several zones of the Indian railways from where the pnr status 10 digit issues are mentioned below:
- NR: Northern Railways
- NFR: Northeast Frontier Railways
- NER: North Eastern Railways
- SER: South Eastern Railways
- ER: Eastern Railways
- SCR: South Central Railways
- SR: Southern Railways
- CR: Central Railways
- WR: Western Railways
- SWR: South Western Railways
- NWR: North Western Railways
- WCR: West Central Railways
- NCR: North Central Railways
- SECR: South East Central Railways
- ECoR: East Coast Railways
- ECR: East Central Railways
That was all the information about checking the status of your pnr number. If you have any complaints or issues regarding any of the above information, then please feel free to comment below and let us know and we will get back to you as soon as we can.