How to Reach Badrinath Temple and History: Badrinath or Badrinarayan Temple is a popular and holy Hindu temple and it is one of the Chardham and also Panch Badri of India. It is situated on the left side of the Alaknanda River, between two mountain ranges called Nar and Narayan. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand in the Garhwal region of the Himalayan Mountains at an elevation of 3133 meters above sea level. As we know that, in Uttarakhand, Panch Badri, Panch Kedar, and Panch Prayag are important from the mythological point of view in Hindu religion.
How to Reach Badrinath Temple and History
This temple of Lord Vishnu, built in ancient style, is very huge. Its height is approx 15 meters. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shankar discovered the image of Badrinarayan on a black stone (called Shaligram) in the Alaknanda River. So, let’s talk about Badrinath temple establishment.
According to the ancient stories of Hinduism, Adi Guru Shankaracharya built the temple in the 8th century and According to the system of Shankaracharya, the priest of the temple is from the state of Kerala in South India. The main statue of Shaligram of Lord Badrinath 3.3ft, which is Lord Vishnu, and one of the most auspicious self-manifested idols of God. The journey season of Badrinath is six months long every year, which starts in April and ends in the month of November.
Beliefs of Badrinath Temple
- According to the Hindu mythological beliefs of the Badrinath temple, when the river Ganga was descending on the earth, the river Ganga got divided into 12 streams and the stream present at this place became famous as Alaknanda and Lord Vishnu made this place his abode and this place was later called “Badrinath”.
- The belief of Badrinath Dham is that in Badrinath, Lord Shiva got freedom from killing Brahmana.
- There is a cave here, in this cave, “Vedvyas” wrote Mahabharata and this place was his last stop before the Pandavas went to heaven.
- It is also said about this place that Nar and Narayan, the parts of Lord Vishnu, did penance at this place. Nar was born in the next life as Arjuna and Narayana as Shri Krishna.
How to Reach Badrinath Temple
If you want to visit Badrinath temple then it is very easy to reach Badrinath because you can reach here by road, rail, and airplane. Badrinath can be reached from any city in India.
By Road – Badrinath Temple is situated at a distance of only 537 kilometers from Delhi ( the capital of the country) and only 334 kilometers from Dehradun, (capital of Uttarakhand).
By Train – If you want to reach Badrinath via train then you can come from Delhi to Haridwar or Rishikesh by train. It is the nearest railway station to Badrinath but after Rishikesh, you have to go to Badrinath by local taxi or bus.
By airplane- If you want to reach Badrinath by Airplane, then you can take a flight from any city in the country to the International Airport Jolly Grant and after that, you have to take a bus and taxi.
Badrinath Dham is one of the Chardham and it is said about here that is… जो आवे बद्री वो न आवे ओदरी means if a person who once visits Badri does not have to take birth again in the earth, he gets freedom from birth and death So, one must visit Badrinath once in life.People Also Searching For:
- how to reach badrinath temple