Hello Everyone! If you are in search of Salary in Railway – All Railway Staff Salaries 2018, then lemme tell you, this is the exact place to your seeking. Here in this article, we are providing the detailed information on Salary in Railway – All Railway Staff Salaries 2018, railway allowances and leave structure. Railway Department offers lot of benefits to their employees in exchange of their dedicated work and efforts to the department. That’s why it is the best and most opted career path by many job seekers. This article is all about salary structure of Indian railways staff 2018, so let’s begin to understand the pay scale, grade pay and different extra bonus.
Salary in Indian Railway – All Railway Staff Salaries 2018
Indian Railway is the Asia’s largest railway network and the second largest department around the world, who is providing employment, around 1.3 million persons are employed in Indian Railway. Applicants must go through the Group D, C and A Salary for Indian Railway employees. There are lots of benefits which are provided by railway to its employees. Candidates, who want to be railway employees, must be aware about Railway Employee Salary Structure which is given according to the 7th pay commission. This web section provides detailed information on Indian Railways salaries and allowances, especially after pay revision in line with recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission.
Railway Salary Structure For 7th Pay Commission
Here are the railway salary structure for different scales employees after 7th pay commission.
|Group||Scale||Pay Band||Grade Pay||Entry Level Grade Pay|
IR Employees Salary After 7th Pay Commission
- After the implementation of 7th pay commission the pay scale and grade pay of various positions has increased. As per the railway boards and 7th CPC, there will be increment of at least 2.5 times and maximum 3 times in Indian Railway employees’ salary.
- Those people who were working under Pay Band 1 and getting salary of Rs. 5200/- at this time, they will get salary of minimum Rs. 13000/-.
- There will be change in pay band 2 as those who were drawing salary in Pay Scale of Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34, 800/- will be increased to Rs. 23, 250/- to Rs. 87, 000/-.
- The highest pay band of Indian Railway is raised upto Rs. 1, 12,000/- with the grade pay of Rs. 30, 000/- that is Pay Band 4.
Indian Railway Salary Structure 2018 – Staff Wise
IR Commercial Staff New Salary
The Railway Commercial Staff is taking care of issuing of tickets, reservations of tickets, cancellations, handling inquiries and also evaluating tickets in trains and at stations. The Commercial staff category and salary include:
|Current Grade Pay||New Grade Pay||New Matrix Level||New Salary|
IR Accounts Section New Salary
|Railway Post||Current Grade Pay||New Matrix Level||New Salary|
|Jr Accounts Assistant||2800||5||29200|
|Sr Section Officers/
Sr Travelling Inspector A/cs/
Sr Inspector of Stores Accounts
IR Salary for Railway Police Force & Engineering Staff
|Position||Grade Pay||Salary Range|
|RPF Constable||2,000||Rs. 5,200 Rs. 20,200|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (Police)||2,800||Rs. 5,200 Rs. 20,201|
|Head Constable||2,400||Rs. 5,200 Rs. 20,202|
|Inspector (Police)||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Section Engineer||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Loco Inspector/ Section Engineer||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Chemical & Metallurgical Superintendent Gr .II||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Depot Materials Superintendent||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Shipping Inspector||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Commercial Superintendent||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Sr. Commercial Clerk||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Chief Ticket Inspector||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Chief Enquiry & Reservation Supervisor||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Law Assistant||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Chief Catering Inspector||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
|Dy. Station Superintendent||4,600||Rs. 9,300 Rs. 34,800|
higher secondary school/Intermediate College
|7,600||Rs. 15,600 Rs. 39,100|
(Secondary/High School & equivalent)
Group ‘B’ Gazetted
|7,600||Rs. 15,600 Rs. 39,100|
IR Medical Officers & Paramedical Salary
|General Duty Medical Officer||5400||Rs.15600- Rs.39100|
|Dental Surgeon||5400||Rs.15600- Rs.39100|
|Assistant Nursing Officer( Group ‘B’ Gazetted)||5400||Rs.15600- Rs.39100|
|Staff Nurse (Group ‘C’)||4200||Rs. 9300- Rs. 34800|
|Lab Supdt. Gr. I||4600||Rs. 9300- Rs. 34800|
|Sr. Dietician||4600||Rs. 9300- Rs. 34800|
Salary in Indian Railway – Extra Allowances & Bonus
Indian Railway Allowances
Apart from the salary structure and the grade pay, Indian Railway offers extra allowances for their employees, have a look:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance (TPA)
- Daily Allowance, Mileage Allowance beyond 8 km
- Allowance for Night Duty
- Compensation in lieu of Holidays
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance to Doctors
- Overtime Allowance (OTA)
- Special Compensatory (Tribal/Scheduled Area) Allowances
- Special Allowance to Railway School Teachers
- Special Allowance for child care, women with disabilities and Educational Allowance
Salary Incrimination After Promotion
In Indian Railway, employees get promotion according to their time period and their work perform to the department. If any employee got promotion from one pay grade to another, then 3% increment will be apply to their salary.
Railway Department provides the bonus facility to the employees, apart from the fixed salary. The department appreciate the best employee and give bonus every year according to their position, at the occasion of Diwali. Basically, it is the tribute to the employees who give their efforts to the department.
Railway Leave Rules for Employees
There are some rules regarding leave in Indian Railways. The rules for different leaves are as follows:
- Continuous leave can’t be more than 5 years.
- Leave shall not be granted if the employee is under any dismissal or punishment.
- Leave account must be maintained with the railway department.
- Medical staffs can’t take leave without any information if the employees are in charge of any crucial case.
- If staffs are recalled to the duty before completion of the leave then the duty will be considered as compulsory duty.
How to Calculate IR Employee’s Salary?
- Indian Railway offers salary to the employees under the basic rules that is total salary of the each employee is the summation of the basic pay and Grade pay.
- Then there comes the DA which is 80% of the basic pay scale. (Basic Pay x 80% = DA)
- Then it is House Rent Allowance which is minimum 10% and maximum 30% depending on the locations. (Basic pay x 10% = HRA)
- Then the fixed transport allowance is being added to the basic pay + DA + HRA.
- Total Salary: Pay + GP + DA + HRA +TA
- railway new salary