Brief guidance on UIDAI Aadhar Card and how to check eAadhar Card online. Know how to check your Aadhar card status online. In this article, you will know everything about UIDAI Aadhar card. Let’s first know about these two terms.
What is UIDAI?
UIDAI stands for Unique Identification Authority of India. In a simple way, UIDAI is a 12-digit unique identification number which is issued by the Indian Government to every citizen of India. According to Wikipedia currently, there are 1.22 billion holders (as of July 2019).
What is Aadhar, Aadhar card, and eAadhar?
Aadhar is a Biometric ID (Identity) system. And you will surprise to know that Aadhaar is the world’s largest Biometric Identity system.
Aadhar card is a hard copy of Aadhar ID. In general terms, we called it Aadhaar identification cards which is issued by the Government of India. Aadhar card consists of all the details of a person (Indian citizen) such as Aadhar ID, address, and contact details.
Aadhar card and eAadhaar are the same but there is a little difference. eAadhar is an electronic form of Aadhar Card. In a simple way, eAadhar is a soft copy of Aadhar card.
Now let’s know in depth on Aadhaar and eAadhaar. A brief guide on how to download UIDAI Aadhar Card online and how one can check the eAadhar status and update via uidai.gov.in.
Table of Contents
- Aadhar Card Status Online via uidai.gov.in
- How To Download eAadhaar Card via UIDAI
Aadhar Card Status Online via uidai.gov.in
For every citizen of India, now it is mandatory to have Aadhar ID. The reason behind it is Aadhaar ID is the official identity for every citizen of India. If you don’t have Aadhaar Id yet, then you must enroll for Aadhaar card. There are several Aadhaar card centers or common service centers across the country where applicants can apply for Aadhar card.
After the Aadhaar card enrollment process, applicants will receive an enrollment slip of Aadhar card with enrollment number. And do remember that Aadhaar enrollment number is most important. Aadhaar enrollment number is used to check the status of the applicant’s Aadhar Card online.
|Aadhar Authority||The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Establishment||12 July 2016 Under “Aadhaar Act 2016”|
|Headquarters (HQ)||New Delhi|
|e-Aadhaar Download Website||www.eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in|
|Aadhar Card Helpline Number||1947|
Learn How To Check Aadhar Card Status
After successful enrollment for Aadhaar ID, the applicants can check their application status until they get their Aadhar ID or eAadhar (Aadhar card soft copy). Applicants can also track the Aadhaar card status on the official website with the help of enrollment number which was issued and the time of Aadhar enrollment.
There are three basic types of Status of Aadhar Card of a Person.
- Under Review
The only way to track Aadhar status is Aadhar official website i.e., uidai.gov.in. Here are the step by step instructions to check online Aadhar Card status via the UIDAI website.
1. The first is to visit the official website of UIDAI (www.uidai.gov.in)
2. On the home page, under the section”Update Aadhaar” choose “Check Aadhaar Update Status”.
3. In the next step, you have to enter details such as Enrolment ID, Date & Time, and Security Code. And Click on “Check Status” Button. The user enrolment ID (EID) is given in the acknowledgment slip of Aadhaar registration.
4. After submitting the details, Aadhar card status will have appeared.
Note: For Aadhar registration and Aadhar card, you can apply by visiting the common service centers. And to check the status of the eAadhar card, simply visit uidai.gov.in and you can check it online.
Sometimes, users don’t have their aadhar enrollment number, Here are instructions and guide to check the status of eaadhar without enrollment number.
How To Check the Status of eaadhar Without Enrolment ID (EID)
If you have lost your acknowledgment slip and you don’t have your aadhar card enrollment number, then stay cool and don’t worry. Because you can check the status of eaadhar without having the enrollment number by simply following these steps.
Step 1. The first step is to find your enrollment ID.
Here is the official website from where you can find your aadhar enrollment number: Click Here To Find Enrolment ID
After visiting the link given above, there are two options to choose from. First is Aadhaar Number and second is Enrolment Number. click on the Enrolment Number (EID) option.
And you can also find your lost Aadhar number by following these steps, but you have to choose “Aadhaar number” instead of enrolment number.
Step 2. Fill your Personal Details to get eaadhar EID
In the next step, you have to fill your personal details. Personal details such as Full Name, Email, Mobile. And note that the details should be exactly the same as you have given at the time of aadhar enrollment/registration.
And at last, enter the security code and Click on the “Send OTP” Button. And you will receive the OTP (One Time Password) either on your email I’d or in your mobile number.
Enter the OTP that you have received in the “Enter OTP” section. And you will get your eaadhar/aadhar card enrollment number.
Do you know that you can check the eaadhar status through your mobile? Here are steps to check the Aadhar status via mobile phone. And You can also track your Aadhaar status.
- Visit the Official Aadhar website i.e. “uidai.gov.in”
- And Verify your registered mobile number
- Enter your 14 digit UID number and also fill other details
- Enter the Captcha
- Click on the generate OTP button and you receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the required field and verify.
After the UID and user verification, you will receive aadhar status and notification on your registered mobile phone.
Aadhar Card Status via SMS
The UIDAI also gives the facility SMS. You can check the aadhar card status through SMS. You just have to simply text a message.
Type: UID STATUS <12digit enrolment number>
And send the message in the above-given format to 51969. Message example is shown below.
UID STATUS XXXXXXXXXXXXX
(In the above message, XXXXXXXXXXXX is the 14 digits enrolment number)
After sending the message, you will receive a message of your Aadhar Card Status.
Check Eaadhar Card Status Via Aadhar Enrolment Center or Common Service Center (CSC)
If you have any problem with the above-given methods of checking Eaadhar/aadhar card status, then the best way to check the eaadhar card status is Common Service Center (CSC).
Common Service Center (CSC) is also Known as Aadhar Enrolment Center. In CSC, there are experts who know how to check or how to solve any problem related to Aadhaar Card Status.
In the Common service center (CSC), they can ask your personal details such as registered mobile number, email I’d.
Final Note on Aadhaar Card Status
The Aadhar card status can be under review, successful, or rejected. If the status is rejected then you can again enroll. If it is successful, then you should wait for its delivery in your registered address or you can simply download your eAadhaar card from the official website (uidai.gov.in).
How To Download eAadhaar Card via UIDAI
The eAadhaar card can be downloaded in three ways from the official website.
- Download Eaadhar Card using Enrolment ID (EID)
- Download Eaadhar Card using Aadhaar number
- Virtual ID (VID)
The steps are given below to download eaadhar card by using 14 digits enrolment ID.
- Visit the official UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in).
- In the “Get Aadhaar” section, choose “Download Aadhaar” option.
- You will be redirected to another site. Choose Enrolment ID (EID).
- Now, Enter 14 digits and 14 digits Date-Time. Both EID and Date-Time are mentioned on the Enrolment Slip.
- Finally, enter Captrach verification and Click on “Send OTP” button.
- Enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile no. and download the Aadhaar card.
Now, Here are step by step instructions. Follow these instructions to download eaadhar card by using 12 digit aadhaar number.
- Visit the UIDAI website i.e., uidai.gov.in
- From the “Get Aadhaar” section, select “Download Aadhaar”.
- Now, you will be redirected to another website. Where you have to choose the Aadhaar number.
- Now, enter 12 digits Aadhaar number and fill up the Captcha Verification.
- Finally, Click on the “Send OTP” button and Enter the OTP (that you received in the registered mobile) in the required section.
- Finally, fill up the required details and you will be able to download your eAadhar card.
Important Note On Aadhaar Card Download:
The eaadhar card which you have downloaded is password protected PDF file. The Password for your eaadhar PDF is first 4 letters of your name (Uppercase) along with your year of Birth (For e.g. NARE1998)
Aadhaar UIDAI Important Links
|Check Aadhar Card Status Online (UIDAI)||Visit Here|
(eaadhar using Enrolment ID or Aadhaar no.)
|Aadhar Bank AC Link Status||Visit Here|